Andrews Research & Education Institute:
The Andrews Institute through the Andrews Research & Education institute (AREI) is committed to disseminating the latest information to the general public and target groups to prevent injuries and promote wellness.
We provide a number of free services to the community to address these needs. They include:
- Distribution of a 14-minute DVD “Heads-Up: Reducing the Risk of Catastrophic Head and Neck Injuries in Football” to 21,000 high schools.
- Annual Coaches Clinic with Division 1 football coaches and high school football coaches from the southern United States.
- Weightlifting Injury Prevention seminars for adolescent and high school athletes. The goal is to teach the proper weightlifting techniques in order to avoid injuries.
- The Andrews Institute is an official Sports Partner with USA Football, the official youth football development partner of the NFL and NFL Players Association. The Andrews Institute provides health and safety information for the USA Football web site and magazine
- Planning and helping raise awareness about the Dr. Alec Kessler Memorial Foundation, which seeks to raise funds for scholarships and mentorships to local area high school seniors
- Baptist Health Care and the Andrews Institute provides certified athletic trainers (ATCs) to all high schools within Escambia and Santa Rosa County. By providing direct, on-the-field care we are able to prevent injuries and help expediate care to those athletes that may be injured.