The Andrews Research & Education Institute conducts research initiatives that will generate new techniques, technology and methodologies that can be implemented in direct patient care and will improve the lives of people of all ages.
AREI participates in research that will move science forward and will prepare orthopaedics, sports medicine and rehabilitation for likely future advances in medical practice, human performance, biomechanics, exercise physiology, nutrition, genetics, pharmaceuticals, and bio-informatics.
Three unique areas within our Research division include:
- Human Performance:
- AREI has a human performance and biomechanics laboratory that conducts motion assessments and analyses for sports movement to prevent injuries and/or improve performance.
- Surgical skills, cadaver and materials testing:
- AREI has a laboratory that is used for training and education along with new product testing, surgical technique improvement and proficiency training.
- Clinical Trials:
- AREI provides oversight and support for the implementation of clinical studies of drugs and devices in alignment with Baptist Health Care and Andrews Institute physicians.
- New ligament found in knee – 11/19/2013
- Young athletes may be prone to lower back injuries – 11/19/2013
- Study identifies issues with concussion reporting – 11/6/2013
- Sleep problems connected to orthopaedic trauma – 11/4/2013
- Student athletes need time away from sports and academics after concussions – 10/29/2013