Articles and Publications
Andrews Research & Education Institute: Publications
Through its extensive research efforts, AREI and its affiliated team of physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers have submitted their findings to numerous sports medicine related publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Recent findings have been published in the following:
- Smith, W. Hackel, J.G. Goitz, H.T. Bouffard, J.A. Nelson, A.M. Utilization of sonography and a stress device in the assessment of partial tears of the ulnar collateral ligament in throwers. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 6(1): 45-50, March 2011
- Paci, J.M. Dugas, J.R. Guy, J.A. Cain, E.L. Fleisig, G.S. Hurst, C. Wilk, K.E. Andrews, J.R. Cannulated screw fixation of refractory olecranon stress fractures with and without associated injuries allows a return to baseball. American Journal of Sports Medicine, December 6, 2012, doi: 10.1177/0363546512469089
- Urbin, M.A. Fleisig, G.S. Abebe, A. Andrews, J.R. Associations between timing in the baseball pitch and shoulder kinetics, elbow kinetics, and ball speed. American Journal of Sports Medicine, November 29, 2012, doi: 10.1177/0363546512467952
- Escamilla, R.F. Macleod, T.D. Wilk, K.E. Paulos, L. Andrews, J.R. Cruciate ligament loading during common knee rehabilitation exercise. Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 2012 Sep; 226(9): 670-80
- Andrews, J.R. Jost, P.W. Cain, E.L. The ulnar collateral ligament procedure revisited: the procedure we use. Journal of Sports Health, 2012 Sep; 4(5): 438-41
- Fleisig, J.S. Andrews, J.R. Prevention of elbow injuries in youth baseball pitchers. Journal of Sports Health, 2012 Sep; 4(5): 419-24
- Wilk, K.E. Macrina, L.C. Cain, EL. Dugas, J.R. Andrews, J.R. Rehabilitation of the overhead athlete’s elbow. Journal of Sports Health, 2012 Sep; 4(5): 404-14
- Ostrander, R.V. 3rd. Andrews, J.R. Arthroscopic triple-row rotator cuff repair: a modified suture-bridge technique. ORTHOPEDICS, 2009 Aug; 32(8): 566. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20090624-14
- Ostrander, R.V. 3rd. Mckinney, B.I. Evaluation of footprint contact area and pressure using a triple-row modification of the suture-bridge technique for rotator cuff repair. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2012 Oct; 21(10): 1406-12. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2011.10.027
- Ostrander R, Andrews J. Arthroscopic Triple Row Rotator Cuff Repair: A Modified Suture-Bridge Technique. ORTHOPAEDICS, Volume 32, Number 8, 566-570, August 2009.
- Yamashiro, K., Paulos, L., & Andrews, J.R. Shoulder Muscle Activity and Function in Common Shoulder Rehabilitation Exercises. Sports Medicine, 39(8): 663-685, 2009.
- Andrews, J.R. Shoulder muscle recruitment patterns and related biomechanics during upper extremity sports. Sports Medicine, 39(7): 569-590, 2009.
- Fleisig, G.S., DeRenne, C., Taylor, M.K., Moorman, C.T., Imamura, R., Barakatt, E, & Andrews, J.R. Effects of bat grip on baseball hitting kinematics. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 25: 203-209, 2009.
- Fleisig, G.S., DeRenne, C., Taylor, M.K., Moorman, C.T., Imamura, R., Barakatt, E, & Andrews, J.R. A comparison of age level on baseball hitting kinematics. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 25: 210-218, 2009.
- Reinhold M, Macrina L, Ostrander R, Cain E, Dugas J: Rehabilitation after articular cartilage repair procedures: Osteochondral autograft transplantation and autologous chondrocyte implantation. In: Manske RE, editor. Postsurgical Orthopedic Sports Rehabilitation: Knee & Shoulder. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.; 2006. p. 383-407.
- Dugas J, Ostrander R, Cain EL, Kingsley D, Andrews J: Anatomy of the Anterior Bundle of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament. Journal Shoulder Elbow Surgery. Sep-Oct;16(5):657-60, 2007.
- Paulos, L.E. Guest Editor: Biceps and Athletic Injuries: Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2007.
- Paulos, L.E.; Mendez, K and Berg, T "A Novel Approach to Arthroscopic Biceps Tenodesis". Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2007.
- Karistinos, T and Paulos L.E. "Anatomy and Function of the Tendon of the Long Head of the Biceps Muscle". Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2007.
Textbooks – Chapters, Articles
- "Criteria" Based Rehabilitation of the Surgically Reconstructed and Nonsurgical Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury". Paulos LE, Karistinos A, Walker, JA. Surgery in the Knee, Insall & Scott. Fourth Edition, Vol. 1, 2007. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier
- "Acromioclavicular Reconstruction Using a Free Tendon Graft and Interference Screw Fixation". Paulos Leon E , Berg, Troy L., DeMorat, Eugene J., Heis, Forest T, and Blair, Brant. Surgical Techniques in Sports Medicine, ElAttrache, Hamer, Mirzayan, Sekiya.