Causes to Support Through the Andrews Institute Foundation
Andrews Research & Education Institute
The Andrews Research & Education Institute (AREI) develops research projects, coordinates clinical trials, and implements new educational initiatives. Responsible for studies and community benefit efforts, AREI continuously works to expand the body of knowledge in orthopaedics and sports medicine, as well as human performance, and to enhance the quality of life we enjoy. Here are some of the worthy efforts that deserve your support.
Research: Exploration and Advancement
- Testing new training methods and studying injury prevention techniques in our state–of–the–art biomechanics lab.
- Developing and perfecting new surgical techniques and procedures, as well as new equipment, in the surgical skills lab.
- Conducting device and drug research to discover new treatments for difficult-to-treat injuries and malformations.
Education: Sharing Knowledge
- Helping to prevent youth sports injuries through training courses, community seminars and videos for coaches, athletes and parents.
- Teaching health care providers the latest, experience–based treatment regimes through specialized courses that provide continuing educational credit (CEU, CME).
- Offering fellowship programs in orthopaedics and sports medicine, primary care sports medicine, and anesthesiology that attract medical professionals from across the globe.
- Providing educational opportunities to athletes, coaches and parents in a direct effort to reduce the rising number of serious high school athletic injuries, including cardiac arrest, brain injuries and spinal cord trauma. The Andrews Institute is making a concerted effort to prevent injuries and effectively treat those that do occur. One way we are succeeding is through the Sports Medicine Outreach program, providing certified athletic trainers at no cost to all local high schools in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties in Florida, as well as Foley, Alabama.
Other effective outreach programs include:
- Hosting the Saturday Morning Athletic Training Room that provides free injury assessments for youth athletes each Saturday during football season.
- Providing free physicals to all high school team–affiliated athletes and free echo–cardiograms to all sophomore team–affiliated athletes in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties in Florida and in Foley, Alabama.
The high cost of newly developed equipment necessary for innovative health care often prevents access to new procedures and advances in quality care. Your generous contributions can make sure that patients have access to the latest, most advanced medical equipment available.
Tailored projects often lead to larger discoveries but are typically difficult to establish due to lack of funding. Sometimes a specific case or perhaps a rapidly growing trend will act as the catalyst for a new project or treatment plan. Individual donations help the Andrews Institute address emerging medical issues as they develop – and get proven treatments rapidly into widespread use.
Some of the world’s most highly trained athletes are the men and women who make up America’s armed forces. When they get hurt in action, it puts more than a game in jeopardy.
At the Andrews Institute, we believe it is our obligation to give back our best care to those who have risked everything to protect Americans and our way of life. Just as they protect our freedoms, we work to protect their health, mobility and quality of life.
Contributions to the Eagle Fund provide wounded warriors access to our world–class continuum of care. By providing customized and structured care to return them to duty sooner, we are helping keep our military men and women ready for action. You can help us help them by making a donation to the Eagle Fund today.
For more information, contact:
Chad Gilliland / Chief Operating Officer / Andrews Institute | 850.916.8575 / email