MRI uses computers and magnetic fields to create pictures of the human anatomy similar to X-rays, but without radiation. Across the nation, about 12.9 million MRI exams are performed each year–a number that is increasing annually.
Powerful diagnostic imaging technology enables faster, more detailed exams
The Signa® HDx 3.0T MRI scanner at the Andrews Institute is the only device of its kind in Northwest Florida. More than 150 miles separate the MRI scanner located at the Andrews Institute from another located in Mississippi.
The Signa HDx 3.0T is the latest generation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology from GE Healthcare, the company that introduced the first clinically viable high-field MRI system over 20 years ago.
The hardware and software advances in Signa HDx 3.0T (MRI) scanner will help physicians diagnose disease with increased image clarity, greater speed, and confidence.
The Signa HDx 3.0T system delivers the most comprehensive applications suite in the industry, providing optimal diagnostic capabilities for the assessment of anatomy, morphology, physiology and function.
Equipped with a Signa EXCITE 3.0T system, a facility can handle virtually any MRI application, from brain and spine studies to specialized vascular and cardiac applications to functional and spectroscopic imaging.
The Signa HDx 3.0T system is built with goldstandard components that provide:
- The highest levels of magnetic field homogeneity and stability in the industry
- Open RF architecture with the industry’s largest selection of multi-channel coils optimized for parallel imaging
- New advanced workstation with true simultaneity for unsurpassed clinical productivity Signa EXCITE 3.0T systems are also feature GE EXCITE™ technology, the industry’s first end-to-end redesign of the MRI data pipeline that boosts speed, resolution and SNR far beyond the limits of conventional MRI scanners.
The Signa HDx 3.0T system supports high productivity in every aspect of workflow with:
- True parallel processing and ultra-fast reconstruction
- User interface common to Signa MR and LightSpeed® CT scanners to facilitate cross-training
- Generous 60 cm bore for patient comfort
- Docking table and dual-sided controls for efficiency