Hip discomfort could be arthritis symptom
September 28, 2012
Topic: total joint replacements
Dealing with aging joints is a painful process at times, but it does not need to be. Medications, procedures and other treatments are being improved all the time to ease suffering and increase quality of life. Whether it's holistic treatments or hip replacement surgery, there are ways to take discomfort out of life.
There are some implants that can last upward of 30 years, according to Fox News Houston. This technology is still under development, the source noted, but hip replacement devices are being crafted now in some cases to fit individual patients rather than having to suit every case. Such customization means a unique fit for every recipient and improved quality of performance in the long run.
Other methods of pain management and treatment are usually explored before the surgical step is reached, the Washington Times reported, because inserting a foreign body into a patient can be at odds with certain immune systems. There is also a concern about healing times, as older hip replacement seekers may not be good surgical candidates due to other underlying health concerns.
- Living life after total hip replacement – 5/14/2014
- Weight loss impacts the long-term effects of joint replacement surgery – 4/30/2014
- Changes in weight impact effectiveness of total joint replacements – 4/4/2014
- Cholesterol lowering drugs may help prevent clots after total joint replacement surgery – 3/18/2014
- Researchers conclude hip replacement surgery is safe for patients in their 90s – 3/17/2014