Hip discomfort could be arthritis symptom
September 28, 2012
Topic: total joint replacements
Dealing with aging joints is a painful process at times, but it does not need to be. Medications, procedures and other treatments are being improved all the time to ease suffering and increase quality of life. Whether it's holistic treatments or hip replacement surgery, there are ways to take discomfort out of life.
There are some implants that can last upward of 30 years, according to Fox News Houston. This technology is still under development, the source noted, but hip replacement devices are being crafted now in some cases to fit individual patients rather than having to suit every case. Such customization means a unique fit for every recipient and improved quality of performance in the long run.
Other methods of pain management and treatment are usually explored before the surgical step is reached, the Washington Times reported, because inserting a foreign body into a patient can be at odds with certain immune systems. There is also a concern about healing times, as older hip replacement seekers may not be good surgical candidates due to other underlying health concerns.
- Study: Insect limbs can move without muscles – 7/23/2013
- Regional anesthesia yields positive results in hip and knee operations – 7/18/2013
- RA patients benefit from total joint replacement just as much as OA patients – 6/25/2013
- Study suggests genetic link to JIA – 4/30/2013
- Lady Gaga pays for fan's surgery – 4/24/2013