Baptist Medical Park Nine Mile
9400 University Pkwy.
1040 Gulf Breeze Pkwy.
Gulf Breeze, FL850.916.8400
Brett R. Smith, M.D., M.S.
Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Total Joint Specialist
- Total Joint Preservation; Total Joint Reconstruction; Total Joint Replacement; Arthritis
- Medical School: Medical College of Pennsylvania: Hahnemann School of Medicine
- Internship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Arizona Institute for Bone and Joint Disorder - Total Joint/Adult Reconstruction
- The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Using intraoperative pelvic landmarks for acetabular component placement in total hip arthoroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2006 Sept.; 21(6):832-40. Epub 2006 Jul17.
- Risk of neurovascular injury with limited-open carpal tunnel release: Defining the "safe zone." Journal of Hand Surgery [Br]. 2001 Oct.; 26(5):484-7.
- Errant Placement of the "Safeguard" System for Carpal Tunnel Release and the Risk of Neurovascular Injury; presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery, January 2000.
Scholarly Service and Honors
- Physician of Excellence Award from Paradise Valley Hospital (2005); Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society; Golden Key National Honor Society
Current Society Memberships
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Escambia County Medical Society